Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Disney World

About a month ago, Pat and I were watching a commercial for Disney World...and I said I would love to take the girls there someday, but he said that we probably never would be able to since its cost so much money...so I thought I would do some digging and discover how much it would cost to go there. There are lots of sites that provide coupons and discounts, and if you go certain times of the year I know it is cheaper too.

On the site http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ you can get a free vacation planning DVD, & can create a customized map of the resort. In my life, I have been there a total of three times. The first time when I was baby with my mom & dad (which I don't remember). I dont' know what they were thinking to bring me there at that age! The second, was when I was eight or nine, with my dad & his girlfriend at the time :P Then, the third time I went when I was a junior in highschool with my Aunt Tracie and her family.


If I remember correctly, there are several parks that you can go to including: Epcot Center, Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, & some water parks too. My favorite was the Hollywood studios! I love seeing the films being made - when we went in 2001 I got to see the making of "Lilo & Stitch". And there was an Indiana Jones show, Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area (everything was huge & it felt like you were in the movie), Aerosmith rollercoaster (I love Aerosmith!), The Twilight Zone Hollywood Tower Hotel (very scary!) and more!

When is the right time to take your kids? When they are old enough to ride everything or just ride the small stuff for them at Disneyland? Where do you stay? There are hundreds of hotels, resorts, meal plans & more! Also, which one do you go to? Disney is everywhere - they have cruises, resorts, water parks, amusement parks, world travel groups, & more! They have places in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Paris, Hawaii (opens in the Fall 2011), California, Florida, & more!

After a short search, I found that it would cost roughly over $2000 for the four us to go (seven days, six nights, airfare, hotel, etc.)....so maybe Patrick is right. Destin & Arwen will have to wait until I get a great paying job or until we win the lottery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment