Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A year ago...

A year ago today something horrible happened. On Tuesday, November 10th, 2009, a fellow Ironworker who worked with my husband, Patrick, his two older brothers and his father, was killed in a crane accident. There were two men in the bucket of the crane, when it fell over, injuring one very badly, and killing the other at the Performing Arts Center in Kansas City, MO. http://www.kmbc.com/news/21575371/detail.html

The man who was killed had a wife and two young daughters. I still remember going to his funeral, and seeing his family. His little girls were so beautiful, and they even had the strength to share some of their favorite memories with thier father. Every person there could not stop crying...I could not stop crying; even now, it brings me to tears.

I cannot possibly imagine what it would be like to lose someone that you love so dearly, a friend, a husband, a father...maybe that is why Patrick and I always make sure we do certain things everyday. We always give each other a kiss good morning, and a kiss goodnight. We always say that we love each other by saying "I love you" - and not adding the "too". We always make sure we spend as much quality time with our girls that we can. And I am sure there are other things that we do, but don't even think about...

I'm not sure if this is why...but I have been feeling sad the last few days. Patrick has to work six days a week, ten hours a day...and I can't help but miss him, worry about him and want him to be home with us. I love him with all of my heart, and I just don't think I would be able to live without him by my side. I don't want to dwell on it any longer - and I know that I need to think positive...but I guess, since this is the one year anniversary since the accident, I can't help being upset.

I can only hope & pray that something like this never happens again...to anyone. Noone deserves to lose someone that they love and care for. My thoughts & prayers go out to Ryan's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment