Saturday, October 1, 2011

October is here!

Time just seems to be flying by lately, and I have been having a hard time staying updated with my blog and shutterfly share site. So since I woke up in the middle of the night, and could not go back to sleep, I figured now is as good a time as any!
For the past month or so, I have been leaving mini updates on my weekly mail call posts. Which seems to picking up quite a bit! Between watching the girls, cleaning the house, cooking three times/day and more...its really hard to find a time to do all the product reviews and giveaways that I would like to. I still am loving every minute of it though! In fact, over the past few weeks I have received some really neat products to review - including leggings for the girls, a Halloween costume for Arwen, hair stuff, books, an entire box full of burritos (YUM!) and more! I will update this week's mail call probably on Sunday night or Monday :)

Destin and Arwen are doing wonderful! I have been slacking on some good updates, but I wanted to share the Destin is now 31 months old! She never ceases to amaze me how incredibly smart she is! She knows all of her ABCs - the sounds, the uppercase letters and words that are associated with each. We are currently working on recognizing lowercase letters, numbers 1 - 20 (which she can already count, I would just like her to see the number and say it aloud), and writing the letters of her name. Some may think that she may be too young to start learning how to write, but she is definitely ready. Destin absolutely loves to draw, paint, color and more...so it seems just right to get her started on learning how to write her name.

Sadly, it seems like Destin is still as strong headed as ever - and does not want to sleep in her own bed. It has been several months (if not longer) since she has slept in her bed all night; and that is after we transfer her from our bed. I just wish there was some type of magic way of encouraging her to sleep in her bed/in her room. I have tried talking to her about why she should sleep in her bed, and that if she does I would give her a "special treat" or a visit to her new favorite place "Chuck E. Cheese". But...she thinks that she should get the special treat/visit whether she sleeps in her bed or not. Now, when I talk to her about it, she says there are monsters in her room :( Does anyone have any suggestions?

Arwen is now 14 months old. She is such an explorer! Climbing, hiding, running, and laughing all the while. Arwen is such a happy girl, but is still very much a "mama's girl". She loves to play with her big sister, but also really enjoys playing by herself sometimes too. Her new love for the past couple months has been "Elmo" and she talks about him all the time. I just love to listen to Arwen talk. She is learning new words, and sounds everyday. Currently, she can make the sounds for the following animals: a duck, cow, dog, cat, monkey, owl, sheep and more! We are still working on recognizing body parts - she likes to stick her finger up her nose, every time I ask her where her nose is! Too funny!

Arwen is still such an amazing sleeper! I am so incredibly thankful for that! I know I have said it before, and I will say it again - I don't think I could handle both girls having sleep issues. Arwen still goes to bed around 8 PM and wakes up about 7:30 AM or so. She has been doing this since she was 6 weeks old! How did we get so lucky?!

Her eating habits haven't been so great though. I noticed that since the pediatrician told me to switch from 2% to whole, that neither one of the girls eats hardly anything. I am wondering if I need to switch back? They both drink milk constantly, and I really think that is what fills them up all day long. No matter what the meal is, or what is being served, they just don't seem to eat a lot. I know my cooking isn't that bad! Ha!

Patrick is doing good...he got hurt last week on the job, and cut his face. From the middle of his forehead, down the bridge of his nose, and under his right eye. Very scary, and very big noticeable mark which will probably leave a scar. We are just very thankful that it did not cause any major damage. He is still playing softball twice a week now, but I am not sure how much longer he can last. After every game he comes home being sore, and with new injuries. I think they are supposed to play until the end of October.

As far as my update goes...my eyes are still doing wonderful since my Lasik. I have my one month appt on Monday. And, I got my check from the insurance this week - which paid for 90%! Woo hoo! It is so amazing to wake up everyday and NOT need my glasses/contacts! My allergies are still drivin me crazy, and I hope that they go away forver and ever. And last but not least, I have been thinking about running/walking a 5K at the end of this month to benefit breast cancer. Someone I love very much was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and I would like to do it for her. I am wondering how much time and healthy eating/preparing it would take for me to do this though. Does anyone have experience with running or walking a 5K?

Tomorrow night, Patrick and I are going on a much needed date night to World's of Fun. I am so excited to check out all the haunted houses they have! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays! If I had more more I would definitely have every decoration out there! We were supposed to go with our good friends, but since they couldn't find a sitter, and the entire month of October is getting booked up like crazy for both of us...we had to find someone else to go with :( I am so sad that we couldn't go with them, but we have already made plans to go next year in the Spring! We are making plans a year ahead of time!

Well, I think I have "talked" your ear off enough for tonight! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! And a good start to your October :D Take care, Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment