Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Being pregnant

In every parents/baby magazine that I get there is always an article especially written for the future mommy-to-be...and although I am not currently expecting, I always read the article. Maybe its because there is something always new going on in the pregnancy world, or maybe its because I miss being pregnant.

I loved being pregnant with Destin & Arwen. I was very lucky to not have any of the horrible symptoms - no major mood swings (you would have to ask Pat), although I did cry more often, no morning sickness or sickness in general, no cravings, no large feet, & no major weight gain (I actually lost weight with Destin)...


Pics of me when I was pregnant (Destin is on the left & Arwen is on the right)

Some things that did happen...my gums would bleed every time I brushed my teeth, I had to pee all the time (usually at night), I had gestational diabetes (with Destin only) which limited what I could eat - which ended up causing me to lose weight & eat healthier (so I guess that is a plus). I couldn't take medicine for when I was sick that would work well - no decongestant (the same goes for when you are nursing, which I am).

Things I missed while I was pregnant:
1. Going to Worlds of Fun (we get free tickets every year, and I was unable to go)
2. Eating goat cheese & caesar salads (two of my favorite foods to eat)
3. Not being able to travel a whole lot

Things I loved while I was pregnant:
1. The glow you get & the round belly
2. My nails & hair would grow fast, long & pretty
3. Feeling kicks, hiccups & rolling around of the baby inside of you
4. Hearing the baby's heartbeat

What do you miss about being pregnant? What did you love? What did you hate? I know someday when we decide to have another baby, I will love being pregnant again. I know that there are moms out there who have had horrible experiences - and I consider myself one of the lucky ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment