Saturday, October 9, 2010

Making money from home

I have been a stay at home mom for almost 2 years now...before then I was a teacher. I substitute taught grades K thru 6 in Blue Springs & Lee's Summit. I graduated from UCM in 2006 with my BS in Early Childhood/Elementary Education, but was never able to find a job with it. So I subbed...the money was decent, the timing was great, and I could work as much or as little as I wanted. I did this upon graduating all the way up until Destin was born in Feb 2009. I also taught for a short while in Belton - this is something I don't like to discuss; so I did manage to find a job, but not a great one. I also want to note that I have applied to work at all the local school districts as a teacher, and in the past four years I have had maybe four interviews. Pretty sad. I decided to go into education because I thought the need for teachers was very high. But now, due to the economy/government/education system, there are more teachers laid off than being hired.

Since staying at home, I have always been on the look out for working from home, or making money from home. There are lots of things out there - selling products like Makeup, tupperware, children's books, health products, etc. Doing parties - Pampered Chef, pleasure parties (for adults). Being a telemarketer from home. Delivering papers. And all sorts of other misc. things on monster, craigslist and career builder.

My dream is to find a job working from home teaching online. I have my Bachelors and Masters in Education - I could teach anything from early childhood, elementary, technology, math (my fav subject) or I could even tutor. I have looked just about everywhere I can think of to find a job online - colleges, the job sites, tutoring sites and believe me, I have applied for several jobs.

I love being a stay at home mom. I have never missed anything - I have seen Destin acheive every milestone (rolling over, sitting up, crawling, walking, running, talking and more!). And now I will get to see Arwen meet all those milestones as well. Being a mom is the best thing I have ever done and I don't want to miss anything. I love my daughters more than anything and I would do absolutely anything for them. Its crazy to think that I am a mommy of two under two!

I just hope that someday in the near future, I can find something to help support our family. I know that I provide support by taking care of our house - cooking, cleaning, paying the bills, running errands, and most importantly taking care of our children. But I would like to help Patrick, financially as well. I feel so guilty sometimes because he knows we depend on him for everything. If he did not work we would have nothing. I am so thankful for him and what he does for us each and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment