Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sleeping Schedule - Day 4/5, Night 3/4

A couple of days ago I posted how we are trying to put Destin on a good sleep schedule...it was working rather well - but now, I am not so sure. On Friday (Day 4) she got out of her bed at least twenty times...and after about an hour (she was yawning at 1) she fell asleep about 2:00 and woke up at 3:30. That night (Night 3), we put her to bed at 8:30 and she got up more than fifty times at least, and we kept putting her back each time...she didn't fall asleep until almost two hours later at 10:20ish. Pat and I finally went to bed before she did!

Today, Saturday (Day 5) was horrible! Since Destin woke up at 700ish AM I decided to put her down about 12:30ish…she got up probably fifty plus times again (just like last night) and did not go to sleep until 2:45ish. So almost 2 ½ hours long it took her to fall asleep. I know she is testing me and I just want to give in and tell her she doesn’t have to take a nap – but I know she won’t learn anything. I know that her tears and mine are happening for a reason – so she learns to fall asleep on her own. I have always said she is the energizer bunny in disguise..and this day does prove it beyond any belief.

On a day like this it makes me question if I am a good parent, what am I doing wrong, what am I doing right? I know I am, but I still have to wonder. Is she too hot? Is she too cold? The weather here is crazy – one day last week it was so cold there was frost on our roof and we were wearing jackets and bundling the kids up; then a couple days later it feels like it summer again and I had open up all the windows & turn the attic fan on. It is as if summer does not want to go away and wants to fight fall for some more “air time”!

Did she watch too much TV? I have been limiting how much TV Destin watches, a couple hours in the morning, and then I turn it off. I have been limiting how much I watch too; just so that I can get more stuff done around the house and take some time enjoy life. Did she not get enough exercise/book time/mommy & me time? The list goes on and on…

I will stick with this routine…but because of the time it took her to fall asleep for her nap, I will have to alter her time that she goes to bed (Night 4) as well. Then we have a birthday party Sunday night to attend which will change things as well…stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment