Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Applied Labels

For those of you that have been reading my blog the last few weeks, you are aware that I have been doing a handful of product reviews. This past week I received another set of clothing/laundry/dishwasher safe labels (see post on 12/7/10), and I decided to put Arwen's name on them this time around.

The company is called Applied Labels: Solutions for Parents & Business. They specialize is creating labels with your child's name or important dates (for bottles or foods) on them. Not only are they dishwasher safe, but they are also washing machine safe. So what does this mean? You can use their labels on clothing, shoes, bottles, plastic ware and more!

Here is what items they sell on thier site (www.appliedlabels.com): Applied Labels (for clothing, shoes, plastic, etc. ~ anything that can be washed in the dishwasher or washing machine), Shoes shields (clean unprinted label covers for protection in shoes), Baby Dates (mini removable date labels), Baby Tapes (dishwasher safe color-code tape), Tag-A-Longs (smaller verison of Applied labels), & Content labels.

For this review they sent me ~ in a box via USPS, nicely sealed in a a ziplock baggie a receipt of the order, 60 AppliedLabels with the optional icon (see more info below) - Font: Cutie, Icon: Butterfly, Name: Arwen Roach; 30 clothing (blank/white) backers (these go in between the clothing & the label with the name on it), 1 strip of 12 shoe shields (blank/clear backers - these go on top of the label with the name on it). And last but not least, an instruction page of how to use the product.

When it came to making your labels 'unique', I have to say I wasn't really that impressed...the ink they use is black, and even though you can get other colors - I found it kind of boring. You could only choose from 3 different types of Font, but they were cute for the most part. And then you have the option to use an icon which makes your 'name' two lines instead of one. I got the butterfly icon to go with Arwen's name. There are more than 15 icons to choose from:

As far as comparing this label to the other ones I received a few weeks ago, I would have to say that they are both very durable, and worth the time to use. Not so sure about the cost (just for my pack alone it was almost $30). And with the other labels you did not have any clear strips for the shoes (thiers just went on without one), and the same for the clothing backers (the other brand just went on without a 'backer'). But both label companies offer a great guarantee and inspected to satisfy their customers.

Applied Labels (TM) are extremely tough, ultra versatile and perfect for labeling: bottles , sippy cups, shoes, school supplies, gadgets, summer camp gear & all those little things that go to early childcare centers.

Check out thier website: http://www.appliedlabels.com/

Thank you Tomoson & Applied Labels for letting me try out your product!

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment