Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baby Bond Nursing Sash

As a current and past breastfeeding mommy of two, I know what its like to breastfeed anywhere and everywhere...and in order to be modest, and keep my private areas - private, I always cover up either with a nursing cover or a blanket. I have a couple nursing covers that I have gotten over the past two years, which go over my neck and cover me & baby like a backwards cape. Yes, its comfortable for me...but not really for my baby girl. She likes to look around, and be free to stretch, and make eye contact with me & others around her. When using the typical nursing cover, she also gets hot very easily - just as a blanket over your head would too! So what is the solution??

A product called Baby Bond nursing sash. This sash is designed for breastfeeding mothers to breastfeed without covering up baby: http://babybondnursing.com/main/




Baby Bond nursing sash covers mom, not her baby...so really, it is not a typical nursing cover that you would normally use. Usually, nursing covers are worn around the mother's neck and covers both mom & baby - but this sash from Baby Bond only covers mom, allowing your baby to breath, see you & others, and not get too hot underneath a typical cover/blanket. I love watching my baby nurse, and she loves to make eye contact with me ~ and with this product, we can! She doesn't have to be covered up, and wonder whats going on outside the cover - she can be apart of the action while she eats/nurses.

There are three different nursing sashes that they offer: Original, Flex & Couture.


Original, Flex & Couture (are pictured above in order)

As part of this review, I was able to choose any one of the three...and to tell you the truth I had a hard time trying to pick. All three look very comfortable, and I read rave reviews on each one...so I just had to decide what type/size/color I would want. The Original & the Flex are very similar - the sizes are the same, but the colors are different. The Original comes in Black, Espresso or Charcoal.The Flex comes in Chocolate, Night or Charcoal. The Couture comes in five different colors - Espresso, Hudson, Riviera, Classic or Barcelona. The Original has a built-in burp cloth, and the Flex has a removable burp cloth (where you can use the one they provide or your own) - both come with a matching storage pouch to hold it all when finished. The Couture just rolls up in itself to store.



I ended up emailing one of the Public Relations women, and she said that "sizing a sash has been proven difficult considering only beauty pageant winners them". And she recommended the Flex. I got mine in Chocolate.

If you want to order the Original or the Flex, you have to use the following size chart....based on my height I would be a size 1 (I am only 5' 2" tall), but I am a bigger gal when it comes to weight & bra cup size (I won't share how big :P)..so I ended up getting a size 3. I was told that the size 4 would be too big, and the couture (which doesn't have a size chart) would be too big as well (it has a very long tail that you size to your body/shape).



Just to review...the BabyBond Original is worn with shirts that are accessible to nurse from the top and has a built-in burp cloth and matching pouch storage pouch. BabyBond Flex is worn with shirts that are accessible to nurse from the top and has a removable burp cloth and matching pouch storage pouch. BabyBond Couture is adjustable and can be worn with shirts that are accessible to nurse from the top or the bottom. It rolls up into itself to store. BabyBond is machine washable, 100% cotton, and made in USA.


My thoughts...
its a great product to have for any breastfeeding mommy! The fabric is very soft, and comfortable. I love that I don't have to cover up my baby girl, out in public or in front of others, when I feed her! The only downside is that I am a very modest person, and I am not sure if I am comfortable using this product in public, or in front of others. When I used the sash the first time, my husband said he could still see 'me' (my breast) as I fed our baby..I have rather large ones. So maybe as I practice or use the sash more, I will figure out how to not show myself when feeding our little one. I would totally recommend this product for any current or future breastfeeding mommy - it would make a great shower gift or hospital arrival gift :)



The 'cover' goes your head like a beauty pageant sash, on which ever side you plan to nurse, then you separate the two layers of the fabric to reveal your breast for your child to eat. Then when you baby is finished, you can use the burp cloth to burp :) When finished with everything, it rolls up & fits back into its matching pouch - perfect size to fit into your diaper bag or purse!



I was going to post a pic of myself using it, but I still can't manage to use the product without showing "myself". I have tried it about three times now, and still can't get the fabric to cover me & still feel confident being in front of others. I think the size fits me, its just that I have rather large breasts, etc. and it is hard enough to cover with a shirt, blanket, etc.; let alone a cover just for me. Maybe if I lose some weight (with the current diet/exercise plan I am on) it will fit me better in the future.

They sell for $35 on thier site...which is a reasonable price - I have seen nursing covers from $25 and up.

YouTube video - this is a YouTube video showing you how the Flex works


Thank you so much Baby Bond & Tomoson for letting me review this product! I love being able to try new things, and see for myself what they are like - and then share them with my family & friends...I hope this brings more business your way!


Buy it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bond-Couture-Nursing-Barcelona/dp/B0038HG8HQ
Here is their main site: http://babybondnursing.com/main/

You can also find
them on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BabyBond/274987485226?v=wall


Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/BabyBond

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using
Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. Tomoson Product review & giveaway Disclosure.

No comments:

Post a Comment