Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Interview

So about a month ago, I received a letter by USPS mail to schedule an interview for a local school district...I do have my BS & MS in Education, but haven't put it to good use in over 2 years!

So, I signed up online - and my interview was today.

For the past couple weeks I have been stressing over what I am going to wear, my hair, my makeup, what to say, what questions will they ask, and more...I have been practicing what to say, and printed off almost 100 different questions/answers - but when it all came down to it, only about 2 of the questions were mentioned. I was extremely nervous, and I kept hoping that I would somehow get a teaching job after this interview.

Well, the interview was a preliminary one. One that they do before a "real" interview....if I scored well, they would put me into another pool of applicants if any jobs would come up in the fall. I was told that after answering 20 questions, they would send me a letter of how I did. The questions asked were very broad, and she didn't want any examples, just my opinions on teaching, the profession, what to do in certain scenarios.

I would love more than anything to go & work for their district - but I didn't get to say that. I didn't get a chance to say that I have been a stay at home mom to two beautiful girls. Or that I have my masters degree in Ed tech and technology is my number one support in education.

The interviewee wrote down everything I said, and I just hope that in the next couple weeks I will discover how I did. Even now that the interview is over, I am still nervous - anticipating the letter.

1 comment: