Monday, February 28, 2011

2 Year Old Letter to Destin

Since I wrote a letter to Arwen for her 7 month, I thought I should go ahead and write one to Destin too...so here we go:

Dear Destin Paisley,

I know I say it all the time, but its so hard to believe you are now 2 years old...2 years since you were born, and changed our lives forever. I can still remember when you were born, learning how to sit up, crawling, walking, your 1st birthday, and all of those memorable milestones since then.

You are now talking in full length sentences (you have been for awhile!) with an amazing vocabulary! Walking, skipping, jumping, running and on the go all the time - nothing seems to slow you down!

Sleep is still something that you don't want to accept into your life...you just don't want a bed/nap time - I hope that is something we can work on together this year. I would love to say that by the time you were 3...you would go to sleep on your own, and sleep in your big girl bed all night long.

Something else I hope we can work on this year...is you not running away and listening to mommy. You always want to run away from mommy at the store or at home when its time to get dressed. I know its hard to follow directions sometimes which is all apart of growing up - but you can do it, I know you can! I believe you can be the most well behaved child I have ever met - it just takes time and patience from both of us.

Eating is something that you love to do...pizza, mac n' cheese, quessadillas, lunch-ables, pasta, strawberries, grapes and hot dogs are some of your favorites! But you are just like your mommy - where you always are willing to try something new.

You are a big fan of watching television and movies lately...Dora the Explorer, Elmo (not so much), Caillou, Max and Ruby, Diego, Disney movies (Finding Nemo, Toy Story and more), Shrek and others too!

You are always up for an adventure...going to the zoo and playing at the park are some favorite things you love. You love the monkeys and going down the slide! You are always learning - colors, shapes, numbers, counting, alphabet letters and more! You know all of your animals and the sounds they make.

You are just about done with potty training! Yay! Soon you won't need pull ups at bedtime...mommy cannot wait!

It just amazes me everyday how smart you are and how caring you are! You are always wanting to give kisses, hugs and snuggles with your daddy, mommy or your baby sister. You really do care a lot about other people and their feelings - you always want to make sure everyone is happy.

You are such an amazing big sister..always bringing Arwen toys, playing peek a boo, and singing/dancing with her.

I cannot wait to see what this next year has in store for you...I know you will be learning more every day and having fun as much as possible!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment