Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Extreme Couponing" in the making!

On Sunday, April 17th I went on my weekly trip to Price Chopper (our local grocery store) and they were having some amazing sales! Many items were $1.00 - they had their 10 items for $10 sale...which some things were a great deal, and some were just a very small size of the original item.

And as a crazy coupon lady in training, I made sure that my coupons would get me even better deals, like the following:
  • Texas Toast Croutons were $1.00, I had a 50 cent coupon which made them 50 cents
  • $5.00 off $15 Purchase of Produce which I found via Facebook - woo hoo!
  • 75 cents off Betty Crocker cake mix & frosting (which were $1.00 each)
I also had some other coupons for freebie stuff, sales on milk, lunchables (Destin's favorite thing to eat - the cheese pizza ones in particular) and yogurt.

So my total before Coupons/Sales was $180+
My Frequent Shopper Card Savings was $42.21
My Coupons Savings was $26.64
So, my total bill overall was $136.12
Total Savings of $68.85

Not bad, for a trainee...I am definitely nowhere close to being an expert couponer. I only shop once a week, and usually at only one store. I know some women that go to Walgreens, CVS, Target, Walmart, and their local grocery store. Maybe if I had the time, or the money that would be an option - but I don't.

As far being an "extreme coupon-er"...I do not have a stockpile (only a bunch of lunchables in the fridge downstairs - if that counts!) and I only get 1 newspaper per week with coupon circulars (I think that's what they are called). On the TLC show "Extreme Couponing" these men & women go to the very EXTREME of getting deals...paying almost next to nothing for hundreds, and sometimes thousands of dollars worth of groceries. It is simply amazing - but it is definitely not something I could do.

How many of you watch the show? How many of you coupon? If you do, how much have you ever saved? I would love to hear your savings stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment