Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween 2011!

Happy Halloween 2011!

The girls both dressed up as pirates this year - and they were so cute :) Just see for yourself...







We all ventured out across the street as a family...Arwen lasted about two houses and she was done. She had candy and did not want to be held all night. So Daddy & Arwen went home to pass out/eat candy ~ while Destin and I went to about 20 houses or so (until it got dark outside).

I was really surprised by the number of houses that DID NOT pass out candy. Our neighborhood just isn't really that friendly with one another - in fact, we have lived here for 5 years, and have yet to really have a "real" conversation with any of our neighbors :( Its pretty sad...

But on a happy note, the girls had a lot of fun, and we probably had about 50+ Trick or Treaters. Not sure what the plan is for next year. I am thinking we might go somewhere else that is more kid friendly for our girls. It just seems like the kids were very pushy, not very thankful and really not considerate for little ones.

AND we also went to Boo at the Zoo with Gma Melanie and Joe over the weekend. I forgot my camera :( so the only ones I got were on my phone...oh well! I will try to post some here soon!

Besides Halloween...I don't really have a whole lot to report. The girls are finally getting over their colds that we got last week. And I have lost my voice off/on the last few days - which is not fun. Patrick says he has a sore throat too. I am not sure if its the weather being so up/down, or if we really did just catch a cold.

Oh, we also got a new fish! And then he died 2 days later..so now we are on to "Nemo 8" (or 9). I have lost count...but at least this new one has lasted more than 2 days. Yay!

Last week, I attended a FREE parenting class called Love & Logic. I recall bits and pieces of it from my student teaching and while I was teaching using some of it...but now I am a parent, I want to learn it again. It was nice to get away by myself for a little bit. As selfish as that sounds, it is just what I need. Even if it was just for a couple hours. I hope to take more classes in the future...maybe it will put my stress and anxiety at ease.

I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe Halloween! Take care, Melissa

P.S. Is anyone counting down to Christmas yet? They already have all the decorations, music and YES, even Santa coming to KC soon! Yikes! I am planning on going through my totes later on this week!


No comments:

Post a Comment