Monday, April 15, 2013

Writing is my Outlet

I really miss writing...pouring my heart and soul into a handwritten letter to someone I care about, or typing out my thoughts here on my blog. Hands down to all those fellow writers, bloggers and of course, parents out there who are able to juggle it all and write daily about something fascinating in their corner of the world. 

What started out to be as a graduate project four years ago, which turned into a family diary, is now a mixture of reviews, pictures and ads that don't really blend that well together. I am not exactly sure what I want to do with this blog anymore...I love to write, and maybe I can get back into sharing tidbits of memories through messages and photos that I love to take. My goal is to take on this blog as a way to preserve the things I love the most...which is my family. 


My girls are growing up so fast...too fast in fact. I can't help but worry what life will be like when they are teenagers...I have already heard things that most parents wouldn't dream of wanting to hear ~ like "I hate you", "You are not my real mom", and lately "I am going to live with someone else". Who knew that being upset over a toy taken away, or a disciplinary issue could escalate to hurtful words like that. Granted, my oldest is 4 years old and maybe that is just her way of expressing that she is NOT happy when she doesn't get her way. 

Its funny to look back and recall all those funny moments of parenting...potty training, messy disasters and sleepless nights (which still seem to never go away). As a parent, I feel that my stress levels are always up and down like a roller coaster; and that is something that I am still learning to deal with. 

I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer", nor do I feel that complaining makes it any easier...so I would like to end on a positive note. I have so many wonderful things in my life that are going well, which include: a happy (for the most part) and healthy family, a home, food to eat, water to drink and enough money to get by each day. There are many many more things to be thankful for, but those are the ones that are worth mentioning at the moment. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Take care, and look for another upcoming post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment