Friday, July 29, 2011

Arwen Kinsley is ONE!!

Arwen Kinsley is one year old today!

I cannot believe that days turned into weeks...weeks into months...and now months into a year! Arwen is the sweetest baby girl any mommy could ever ask for.

She is honory, funny, always smiling/laughing, curious, smart, giving, friendly, outgoing, and so much more! Look for some great pics of her from the party this weekend! I got the cutest outfit from Stephanie's Wonderland. I can't wait to share it with you all!

Milestones this month:
  • Arwen is walking! She started taking steps last month, and now she is walking everywhere taking as many as 15+ steps at a time. Across the room, to mommy/daddy/toys/big sister :D Its so much fun!
  • Destin loves that Arwen is walking now...they go for walks up and down the hall...into the kitchen/living room together holding hands! It is so cute!
  • Arwen is climbing...the couch, fireplace, stairs, beds and more! Very scary, but yet another milestone that she likes to live dangerously like her daddy!
  • Sleeping great STILL! I know this sounds silly, but since she was 6 weeks old, we were so lucky to have Arwen sleep through the night. We have not had one problem EVER with her sleeping. But with her big sister, to this day...we still have issues with sleeping - night terrors, not wanting to stay in her bed/room, not sleeping all night long. Thank goodness at least one of our two babies sleeps! She also still naps twice a day, although I think once a day will soon be the norm for us.
  • She now has 8 teeth! 4 on top/4 on bottom
  • Arwen eats pretty good. She drinks milk full time now (at least 3 times/day), and pretty much everything we eat in smaller portions.
  • Talking/Vocab...Arwen is learning to say all kinds of words including: bubba, mama, dada, ball, up, down, uh-oh, oh, duck, quack, dog, woof, cookie, ooh, out, and many more! Lots of babbling and pointing.
  • Blowing kisses with her hand & the "mmm-wah" sound :)
I know I am probably forgetting something...its just amazing how much she has changed. She is our little toddler, and not our baby. Although I know both her and Destin will always be our babies. She loves to play with her big sister, and is learning that Destin does not always like to be nice and share.

I hope that as Arwen gets older, I will remember to track the months...as I have done for Destin these past two years.

Just a side note...is it terrible that I write more online than I do in the girls' baby books? I do not even remember the last time I wrote in their baby books. In fact, I always remember using our Shutterfly site as reference for Destin. I suppose I need to catch up for both girls' sakes! I know someday they will look at them, and I want them to be proud of their mama for keeping track of all those important milestones throughout their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment