Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What's new with us?

I can't believe I am saying this...but Fall is here! The weather over the weekend was in the low 60s, and the girls and I wore jeans and t-shirts! It literally felt like pumpkin picking time...which will be here before we know it.

I don't remember the last time I updated the blog...a couple weeks at most. So I thought I would share what we have been up to.


Destin never ceases to amaze me how incredibly smart she is! She has learned how to draw smile-ly faces...she drew a picture of "mommy, daddy, Destin & Arwen" just a few days ago. It was absolutely incredible to see a 2 year old draw such a detailed drawing and explain what each aspect of her "piece" was.

Destin is still very independent - she wants to dress herself, brush her teeth/hair, help mommy/daddy with everything and always has to know what we are doing at all times. The only thing that she is still NOT independent with...is bed time. I really think we need to set a goal for this, so that she is still not sleeping in our bed til she goes to Kindergarten! Let us hope that it won't continue for that long!

I would really like to sign Destin up for some type of activity - dance, gymnastics, sports or something...but I think we may wait another year, when both the girls can participate and we have more money to invest in something like that.




Arwen who is now 13 months old is doing wonderful as well. She is loving Elmo, and sharing it with everyone that we meet. Every visit to Walmart or Target, means that we have to visit Elmo at the toystore (even though we have almost every Elmo toy there is from Destin's obsession when she was younger!).

Arwen is loving playing outside, riding her toys, playing (eating) with chalk, going for walks, and rides in the wagon. I can't wait to take her to the zoo again - she has really taken a big interest in animals lately. To read more about Arwen...please read my last post!





 


Patrick is still working hard as ever for our family. We went on a special date night a couple weeks ago, and got to see the Kauffman Performing Arts Building in Kansas City (which he, his two older brothers and his father worked on for more than year). It was absolutely incredible to see the building in its finished state. I couldn't be more proud of him and all of his "brothers".


Melissa (ME!)...I have been busy trying to find childcare, so that I can go back to subbing for the Lee's Summit & Blue Springs school districts. I just don't see the point in going back to work if I am only making just enough to pay for daycare. I am not really sure what I am going to do...I just hope I can find something soon.

I am also keeping myself busy with blogging for Frugal Fabulous Finds still. I absolutely love working with Wendy & Melina every week. Finding great deals, saving money and of course sharing great giveaways with over 20,500 readers each week!

BIG NEWS!! I finally got Lasik eye surgery. After weeks of appointments, and second opinions...I finally found an amazing Doctor named Dr. Daniel Durrie! He did a fantastic job and I can proudly say that I am now seeing 20/20 for the first time in over 20 years without the help of glasses or contacts! I cannot tell you how exciting it is to actually be able to see the clock when I get up, or to even see Patrick's face in the morning. Before, I could only see about 6 inches in front of my face...and now I can see everything clearly! It is such a relief/blessing/miracle that I can actually see without needing my contacts/glasses. I still cannot believe it.

My surgery was Friday, September 2nd at 2 PM...and by 6 PM that night I could see 20/20! Amazing! I would highly suggest anyone to look into this...its free to see if you qualify, and they also have great interest free for 24 months! I am very lucky to have insurance that pays 90%! I have been waiting for over 10 years to have this done, and now I can say with a smile that "I finally did it!". Yay!

For the next couple weeks, I hope I can find childcare...or another way for me to make money for our family. Despite Patrick working full time, it just doesn't seem like its enough for us to survive. I am just not sure what I am going to do...waitressing doesn't seem like a good option, and all of the daycare centers in our area, will charge me full price for the girls. If you know of any ways I could make money - please let me know! I just don't have a lot to invest, if at all...wish me luck!

Until next time, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment